Appliances that make use of gas for power need the expertise of gas fitters. You cannot juts fix a problem, say of a stove that relies on gas for power, by yourself. Improper connection or installation of pipes can lead to bursting and fire. Gas is very combustible that is why proper care and maintenance are necessary and gas fitters are the only qualified persons who can do the job. Plumbers are not trained to handle appliances such as water heater, so do not confuse the job descriptions of the two.
1) There are some countries that make use of gas lines for their cooking stoves and heaters. The installation and maintenance of appliances that are attached to the gas lines are done by the gas fitters.
2) You can rely on their services to test any appliances to find out if these are working properly or not.
3) They are required by the local government to cooperate in case accidents happen due to the use of gas lines. Gas fitters investigate the cause of the explosion, along with other professionals.
4) You can save on money by converting your appliance that uses gas to natural gas which is less costly. They are the only qualified people who can do the job.
5) They work hand in hand with the team of home builders like electricians and plumbers. They know how to analyze blueprints and the piping system. Though plumbers handle most of the water piping system, but for water heaters, the gas fitters are the best persons to handle the job.
Kinds of gas fitters
Fitters need license in order to work. The Class A license allows them to handle household appliances such as water heaters and electric stoves. The Class B license allows them to handle installation of appliances that make use of 10 mega joules per hour.
Before you hire the services of gas fitters in Brisbane, they must be able to show you a proof that they have undergone a rigid training by presenting to you their license cards.
Types of licenses
1) Class G- involves job that involves the installation and maintenance of gas appliances in caravans, marine crafts, and home appliances.
2) Class I- involves job that handles industrial appliances such as those used for decommissioning as well as pipes that has a pressure that exceeds 200 kPa.
3) Class E- involves job that is related to mobile engines.
4) Class P- involves job that is related to gas dispensing in for refueling.